Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Steve Jobs

I don't really know anything about Steve Jobs. I knew that he was the CEO of Apple. I knew he was brilliant. I knew that he had a profound impact on our history. But beyond that, I can't say that I knew anything about the guy and I'm not going to write about him like I did.

Instead, I want to write about everyone's reaction to his death. Facebook, twitter, Yahoo and Drudge were instantly buzzing with the news once Apple updated their website with this photo. Everywhere you look online tonight you will find amazing quotes and testimonials about a man who lived life without fear of failure, a man who constantly strived for excellence. It's a pretty amazing legacy.

What I liked about Steve Jobs was that I didn't know anything about him and he seemed to like it that way. He was private about his family and his personal life. In today's ridiculous reality-show driven culture, a celebrity who liked to keep his personal life private was refreshing. That spoke about how classy he must have been.

So there you have it... my memorial to Steve Jobs... he seemed like a pretty regular guy, which means he was truly loved and will be truly missed.

1 comment:

  1. good post Amanda - but couldn't you say the same thing about Tiger Woods, before he got found out?

    Not arguing, just thinking out loud....

    ReplyDelete