Sunday, September 25, 2011

Addicted

This Sunday was WAY better than last week. I can't begin to describe how good it was to worship with a church family again. I was welcomed into the sanctuary this morning, baby and all, with a "the-more-the-merrier" attitude. My daughter had a great time in the nursery. All in all, it was a wonderful experience.

As I was sitting in the service today it came to the time for communion and I just felt this deep sense of relief. Its like that feeling you get when you've gone without caffeine for a day and finally get that jolt running through your body that makes you go, "Ahh, that's better."

I kinda laughed at myself, in my head of course (can you imagine how weird it would look if I had laughed out loud), and thought, "I'm addicted to communion". What a lovely thing to be addicted to!

Communion has long been my favorite part of the worship service. And the more we move around the more powerful it becomes. It gives me a few minutes out of my crazy week to remember just how BIG our God is and how widespread his body is. Every Sunday I think to myself, "My family in Castlemilk ate at this table today. My LCC tribe ate at this table today. My friends in Colorado, Honduras, Bolivia, Africa, and numerous other places in the world will come to eat at this table today."

For those few minutes, I remember that I'm part of something much bigger than myself, something awesome, something eternal. And no matter what the week held or what the future week will hold, those few minutes are set aside to remember the sacrifice Christ made for me. For those few minutes, I'm reminded that I'm not alone.

Ahh, what a sweet addiction...

1 comment: