Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

This is not our first thanksgiving away from home, but it is our first Thanksgiving as our own little family with the two kids. As I was preparing our turkey dinner (which was delish, thank you very much Alton Brown!) there were so many instances that made me thankful today. Here's a brief list of the things I thought about today... enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

multiple white onesies- When Reuben blew out of his today I was able to just throw it away!
Alton Brown- He taught me to cook and made our wonderful meal possible!
video chat- Seriously can't imagine life without it!
wine- I mean, do I really need to explain that one?
Mickey Mouse- He can entertain my kid for hours if I let him.
not being preggo- Happy to not be baking a kiddo!
traditions- I love our holiday traditions. They are constant in a crazy world.
my hubby's job- It's great to see him in a job after going without last year.

And of course, all the usual sentimental "thankfuls"; my family, my husband, my kids, etc., etc.

Now on to the holiday season! Filled with homemade stockings, Christmas cookies, mulled wine,  and Bing Crosby. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment