Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Umm, you're not a doctor.

I've been know to have really weird dreams. If my dream doesn't involve a dinosaur or Chuck Norris, it's usually pretty tame. Well, last night's dream didn't have Chuck Norris in it, but it was still up there on the weird-o-meter.

I dreamt that I bought my home minister's son, we'll call him Claudius Helpop, a new pair of jeans for his birthday. Now, these weren't just any jeans, but top of the line, all the cool kids are wearing them, jeans. Claudius had told me he really wanted them and I think he's a pretty good kid and I had some extra money so I figured, 'What the heck?'

The only problem is that Claudius is in between sizes. (He is a growing boy after all.)So the pair I got him were a little big. But we wanted them to be perfect for when school started back so I told him I'd take him out to the shops to get them altered so they fit him perfectly for the beginning of the school year.

So when I go pick him up, his dad, Horatio, tells him, 'Claudius, you have to stay with Amanda at all times. That's the only rule.' Of course, once the jeans were fixed, Claudius took off with some of his friends at the mall and I went into labor and had the baby. Go figure.

When I woke up in the hospital  Horatio was there wearing a white coat and holding a chest x-ray. He looks up at me and says, 'Well, everything looks just fine here.' And I said, 'Uh, Horatio, you're not a doctor.'

Then I woke up. I know I usually try to tie this into some sort of God lesson, but in this case I'm just going to leave it alone. I think the lesson is: pregnant women have weird dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment