Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The crazy life!

I know it has been FOREVER since I've posted. I'm sorry. The kiddos keep me busy and when I do have free time I'm too lazy to actually blog. Still, I need to get back into it. For those of you who keep up with us via the blog because you're one of the 10 people on the planet without facebook... my sincere apologies!

The kids are, as always, growing up too fast! I mean, Reuben is coming up on his first birthday! He took his first steps last night and Saoirse started potty training today. Crazy, crazy, crazy! Anyway, here's a brief snapshot of our lives over the last month.

Reading in Saoirse's bed... one of our favorite activities. We LOVE books!

Twirling, complete with tutu, of course.


The twirling caused us all to get dizzy and fall down! Poor Reubs! He's always in the wrong place at the wrong time!


The warmer weather means days at the pool, the beach and just playing with some buckets of water on the porch.


Who knew a bowl full of water could provide hours worth of entertainment?


Saoirse's newest obsession: pirates! She's the only kid I've known to cheer for Captain Hook rather than Peter Pan. At the end of the movie, when Hook is trying to get Wendy and the boys to join his crew, Saoirse will grab her sword, point it in the air and loyally scream, "Hook!"


And, of course, we are dealing with the usual funny parts of toddler-dom. Saoirse thought the living room needed some extra decoration! I'm guessing she's right. I've never been a good interior decorator.


The hardest part of our last month was loosing Ms. LuAnn as a speech therapist :( She left the practice and we are so sad she's no longer there. She was so much fun!


Saoirse LOVED going to visit Ms. LuAnn! Sometimes I think she loved Ms. LuAnn more than mommy!


We will never forget the gift Ms. LuAnn gave our family! Communication!


We love you Ms. Luann! We already miss you!


We had lots of fun making Daddy's father's day gift. Both kids stood in his boots and wore his cover.


We put these copies in a three picture frame and in the middle space we wrote "With every step, I try so hard to walk in your shoes." Needless to say, it's currently residing proudly in Daddy's office!


Best of all, we got to go to a special ceremony for Daddy's promotion! He's now a full Lieutenant and we are so proud of him!


Thanks for visiting us!





No comments:

Post a Comment