Thursday, May 24, 2012

Too fast!

Yesterday I gave Reuben his first hair cut. And this morning my mom sent me a text to let me know my baby brother had finished his last final exam of high school. And all I could think was, it really does happen that fast.

I swear, it feels like yesterday that I was reading Bradley a bedtime story and tucking him in. One day I'm dressing him up as a ninja for the bazillionth time, the next he's graduating and going to college.

If I feel like this with Brad, then how am I going to feel when it's my own kids?  I already have a room filled with old baby items the kids have outgrown. A bouncy chair, a baby swing, a play may, an activity chair, and two small boxes of baby clothes I couldn't bear to part with.

Reuben get bored with toys if they don't have something that he can change (move a bead, open a door). Saoirse has pretty much stopped using crayons because she's in love with finger paint. I already get emotional about these things. I don't know how I'm ever going to prepare myself for high school graduation!

At least I have about 16 years to get there. 16 really fast years!



Until then, I'll snuggle with this bubba bear


 and I'll dance with my princess 


and I'll remind myself everyday how very blessed I am.


Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment